[Nut-upsuser] Can't get NUT slave to connect to master

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:02:47 UTC 2016

On Nov 24, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Jonah Naylor <jonah at hostingyorkshire.uk> wrote:

> Is there something I should be doing other than adding "allowfrom = ipaddressofslave" to the upsd.users file on the master?

Which version of NUT are you using?

Reference for the current version: http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html

Roger asked about whether your build of NUT uses TCP-wrappers. If it does, you may need to configure hosts.allow and hosts.deny, which replaces the ACLs in upsd.users. (I haven't used TCP-wrappers in years, so I may be misremembering.) If you are not sure, let us know more details about your setup.