[Nut-upsuser] Can't get NUT slave to connect to master

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Nov 25 14:41:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016, Jonah Naylor wrote:

> I'm still getting "Connection refused on the client cgi screen as well
> as in the shell it gives me UPS upsname at ipaddresshere is unavailable...

You reported that access works correctly from elsewhere on the master
subnetwork.  Does access from the master subnetwork produce the "accepts"
e-mail message generated by the hosts.allow specification ?

You need to test that this is working correctly.

> Any ideas what I can try next to debug why it's not working.

Being able to ping from A to B does not guarantee that TCP gets through.
Can you ssh from slave to master?

Are you intending to shut down the slave if wall power fails for the
master?, or is it just for administrative access?

For general debugging, have you tried sniffing the two subnetworks with
tcpdump to see if the slave traffic reaches the master or is blocked
elsewhere?

If the slave traffic reaches the master, then running upsd with -DDD
options might show something.

> Also should the "allowfrom = clientIPaddresshere" line be in my monuser
> entry in upsd.users on the master, or should I take that out?

I have no experience of this option, perhaps others could help you there.

Roger