[Nut-upsuser] Unable to find driver for a supported device

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:06:47 UTC 2016

On Oct 12, 2016, at 3:28 PM, Nick Teague wrote:

> Alright.  Sorry to bother you guys.  Apparently after I rebooted the box, it started working now on the tripplite-usb driver.  One correct also.  I didn't have it installed from ports but from binary pkg.  (pkg install nut)

No worries - the FreeBSD integration isn't well documented. I can't find my old notes right now, but I suspect that the reboot was needed because devd doesn't rescan the existing devices when you just restart the devd process (it acts on kernel events, such as when a USB device is plugged in).

My understanding is that the ports tree is used by the FreeBSD maintainers to build the binary packages, right? Theoretically, the default configuration for the port should be the same.