[Nut-upsuser] How to get started (Windows)

Jeff Bowman jeff.bowman at intexx.com
Tue Sep 13 01:49:08 UTC 2016

> Have you seen
> https://grafenthal.de/wiki/index.php/Installation_Network_UPS_Tools_%28NUT%29_unter_Windows_Server_2012_USB
> which shows a working NUT configuration under Windows Server 2012. It's in
> german, but the configuration files are readable.

Thank you for finding that and sending the link. I still can't get NUT to start listening, though, even with those details.

One difference I did notice...  he's got a libusb.dll file on his system, where I don't:

https://grafenthal.de/wiki/index.php/Datei:Nut_win_usb_(13).png

I'm looking around, but I'm not finding a place to get that file. Everything seems to refer/point to libusb0.dll instead.

I also tried reinstalling libUSB using Zadig, but that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss. Do you know where I can find that libusb.dll for Windows? Their website seems to be down at the moment, so we can't look there.

> Roger

Thanks again,
Jeff Bowman
Fairbanks, Alaska