[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb MEC0002 problem Fry's Electronics (Turbo-X) [HID PDC?]

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at iit.demokritos.gr
Fri Sep 16 14:40:16 UTC 2016

> that string shows up here, among other places:
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/drivers/nutdrv_qx.c#L764
>
> but if the upsilon screen isn't showing many values, I'm not sure if that
> version is going to help. Are there any other settings to select a
> different model or protocol?

Here is the output of
#/etc/upsilon/upsilon config

hope webmail client doesn't wrap

 (UPSilon) UPS Configuration Utility, Ver. 3.0
 Copyright(C) 2008 Mega System Technologies, Inc.      2016-09-16, 17:35 Fri.
|        [d] System Shutdown Delay Time When AC Power Failed:  5.0 Min.
   |
|        [b] System Shutdown Delay Time When Battery Low    :  1.0 Min.
   |
|        [u] UPS Turn Off Delay Time                        :  3.0 Min.
   |
|        [v] Battery Rating Voltage(if not provided by UPS) :  --- Volt.
   |
|        [c] Communication Port: hid
   |

|        [n] Shutdown Count Down Display: ON
   |
|        [l] Scheduling Function        : OFF
   |
|        [a] Turn off UPS after System Shutdown: YES
   |
|        [t] Time Scheduling(hh:mm)
   |

|                    Sun.   Mon.   Tue.   Wed.   Thu.   Fri.   Sat.
   |
|        Start-Up:  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--
   |
|        Shutdown:  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--  --:--
   |
|        [k] <<Change UPS Monitoring>> Monitor UPS from local serial port
   |
|        [s] Save Configuration.
   |
|        [q] Quit.

         Press the letters in brackets to select items.
         Press [+], [-], or [i], [m] to change values.
         Press [r] to redraw screen.

Here is the output of status
#/etc/upsilon/upsilon start
#/etc/upsilon/upsilon status

 (UPSilon) UPS Status Screen, Ver. 3.0    PS No Ac
 Copyright(C) 2008 Mega System Technologies, Inc.       2016-09-16, 17:37
Fri.
+-------------------------------------++--------------------------------------+
|  UPS Type          : N/A            ||   UPS Input Voltage: N/A

|  UPS Rating Voltage: UPS   Volt     ||
|----|----|----|----|----|----|--  |
|  UPS Rating Current: No    Amp      ||   70   80   90  100  110  120
130   |
|  UPS Line Frequency: N/A            ||

|  Communication Port: hid            ||   UPS Output Voltage: N/A

|                                     ||
|----|----|----|----|----|----|--  |
|     Input AC Power : N/A            ||   70   80   90  100  110  120
130   |
|     Battery Status : N/A            ||

|     UPS Functioning: N/A            ||   UPS Power Loading: N/A

|     Boost/Buck     : N/A            ||
|----|----|----|----|----|----|--  |
|     UPS Temperature: N/A            ||   0    20   40   60   80  100
120   |
|     UPS Self-Test  : N/A            ||

|                                     ||   UPS Battery Level: N/A

|  Count Down Function: ON            ||
|----|----|----|----|----|----|--  |
|  Scheduling Function: OFF           ||   0    20   40   60   80  100
120   |
|  Next Shutdown Time : ---  --:--    ||

|  Next Restart  Time : ---  --:--    ||   UPS Input Frequency: N/A

|  ACfail Shutdown Delay:  5.0 Min.   ||
|----|----|----|----|----|----|--  |
|  UPS Turn Off Delay   :  3.0 Min.   ||   0    20   40   60   80   90
100   |
 System: Linux[billmachine]                    Type 'r' to Redraw, Type
'q' to Quit.

I don't know how to select another protocol. I put hid after ltrace usage.

In monday I will try to try the windows version. The problem is that the
virtual machine is critical and I don't want to install software on it
(windows et all.).

Thanks

Regards

     Vassilis Virvilis