[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Daniele Pezzini hyouko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 00:41:01 UTC 2017

> So....seems so better...
>
> Each time I rebbot, I miss the /var/run/nut folder...
>
> root at artu:~# upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.2)
> Can't chdir to /var/run/nut: No such file or directory
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> root at artu:~# upsd
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2
> fopen /var/run/nut/upsd.pid: No such file or directory
> listening on 192.168.1.1 port 3493
> listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> Can't chdir to /var/run/nut: No such file or directory
>
> Once manually created ad giving permission to nut group, I can start the
> driver and the daemon:
>
> root at artu:~# upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.2)
> Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
> Rating information unavailable
> Vendor information unavailable
> No values provided for battery high/low voltages in ups.conf
>
> Using 'guestimation' (low: -0.866667, high: -1
>
> root at artu:~# upsd -c reload
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2
> .083333)!
> Battery runtime will not be calculated (runtimecal not set)
>

> root at artu:~# upsc Elit at artu
> Init SSL without certificate database
> battery.voltage: 13.90
> battery.voltage.high: -1.08
> battery.voltage.low: -0.87
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: blazer_usb
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.version: 2.7.2
> driver.version.internal: 0.11
> input.frequency: 50.0
> input.voltage: 228.7
> input.voltage.fault: 140.0
> output.voltage: 226.5
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
> ups.delay.start: 180
> ups.load: 16
> ups.productid: 0000
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 30.0
> ups.type: offline / line interactive
> ups.vendorid: ffff

Glad it works.

> What's the right procedure for loading driver/daemon at boot?

There's not a single right procedure, it's very much
platform/distribution-dependent.
Probably, it would be better to check the documentation of your
platform/distribution/whatever or ask their packagers.

> I have read a lot about /var/run/nut missing, but haven't find any
> solution....

The same applies here.

> I have also successfully tested the battery...
>
>  upscmd -uadmin -pups Elit at artu test.battery.start.quick

I would also recommend testing the shutdown procedure and making sure
that everything works as expected on power failures.
Please, let us know the results of these tests, so that we can add a
more informed report about your device to our library
(http://networkupstools.org/ddl/).