[Nut-upsuser] contineously receiving the same values

Marc Kessels marc at kessels.name
Wed Mar 22 14:09:38 UTC 2017

On 22-3-2017 14:37, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2017, at 9:29 AM, Marc Kessels <marc at kessels.name> wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>

>> Upsmart version is 1.5, copyright says 2012-2014
> Do you have a direct link? I found UPSmart-DryContact-V3-4.zip and UPSmart-Networking-V2-4.zip via web search, but the dates for the Linux components are ~ 2002.
my version came from the supplied CD, but it can be found online as
well: http://www.gembird.nl/service.aspx?item=8087&key=eg-ups-033#item
>> the github issue seems a bit worse, since it reports:
>>
>> received 10 (85)
>>    1.158700     read: UPS No Ack
>>
>> whereas my system reports :
>>
>> 6.239688     Full update...
>>    6.239776     send: Q1
>>    6.261270     received 47 (40)
>>    6.261371     read: (234.0 000.0 234.0 012 49.9 27.4 29.0 00001000
>>
>> but it keeps repeating the last line, so I am not getting any update.
> I might have been confusing that issue with this comment in the parent thread, which seems to be similar underlying hardware repeating the last reading:
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/307#issuecomment-243364229
>
> The #409 report might have been due to a combination of the auto-detection, plus the lack of "vendor magic" from UPSmart.
indeed, the #307 looks remarkably the same.

attached the wireshark traces for the UPSmart software and the nut
software. I see some differences, but I can't decipher what's going on
there...
hope you can share some insight.

thanks,
marc