[Nut-upsuser] New User Questions - With Belkin USB

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 16:15:04 BST 2019

Hi Charles and thanks for your help.

1. I just re-started the Ubuntu/Android system. This runs a root script
including "service nut-server start" followed by the same for
nut-client. I can check the status on both and they show as running. I
can see expected results running "upsc belkinusb".

2. When I check the results from "netstat -t -n" I am NOT finding
anything on 3493. Hmmm. I then tried "netstat -l" since there should be
a server socket listening on 3494, right? There is nothing of 3493. But
I do see an entry with local address = localhost:nut. When I "cat
/etc/services" I find nut listed on 3493.

3. So I run "netstat -l | grep nut" and I see the socket and I see an
entry for what looks like a stream listener tied to
/var/run/nut/blazer_usb-belkinusb.

4. I did not know of the -DD option on upsmon and likely would not have
thought of this anyhow. In the output I almost immediately see a
connection failure to belkinusb at localhost for the socket saying
permission denied. That doesn't look right. But not exactly what that
means or how to fix it.

This seems to be progress of a sort, at least for my understanding of
all this. Any further comments/tips?

Cheers