[Nut-upsuser] Multi UPS Monitoring

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sun Oct 11 01:09:41 BST 2020

Hi, Reference:

"Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> > > I've read through as many relevant mailing list posts and public blog =
> > posts as I could, but I can't seem to find an answer to my issue.
> > >=20
> > > I currently have 2x Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDXLs, and I am attempting to =
> > monitor both of them with the same Raspberry Pi using NUT.
>
> Rasp. Pi, x86 or amd is irrelevant as Pi runs Linux & BSD etc.
> Relevant is: What OS ?
>
> If you connect a USB device (mem stick, triplite ups or disc whatevere)
> to a FreeBSD computer (PC, rasp. i386 amd64 whatever) the
> computer will show serial numbers with all of;
> 	dmesg
> 	vi /var/log/messages
> 	kill -9 `cat /var/run/devd.pid` ; /sbin/devd -d

PS a few rare old devs don't announce a sernum, so you may be partly
out of luck esp. in light of post from David Zomaya, Tripp Lite.
However newest releases of FreeBSD offer more hub & port no. info
than older releases, & presumably smilar on other OS's, so you may be
able to extract some differentiating info. Good luck.

Cheers,
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Sys. Eng. BSD Linux Unix, Munich & Aachen
http://berklix.com/jhs/cv/