[Nut-upsuser] ups not being started sat reboot

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Sep 5 19:04:39 BST 2020

On Saturday 05 September 2020 12:58:01 Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On 2020-09-05 05:23, Roger Price wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Sep 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> But runs normally if started.  On a rpi4 running an uptodate
> >> raspbian buster, how do I set it to auto start at boot time?
> >
> > Hello Gene, By "auto start" I assume you mean the automatic power on
> > of a box when wall power returns after a power failure. For this to
> > work, two things are needed:
> >
> >   1. The UPS power outlets have been turned off.
> >
> >   2. The box's BIOS has been set to "power up on AC return".  (The
> > words may change, it depends on the BIOS.)
>
> You might also be able to leverage wake-on-lan here, since much modern
> hardware is never really fully "off" as long as it is powered.

Needless complexity for me, Phil.  Since the pi also controls the power
of the remainder of a horsepower plus machine, the application stopped
reduces it to whatever the draw of that 25 watt supply is, so the pi
never sleeps. Similar situations exist for 2 of the other 3 machines,
and I've the SSR's to do that to the last machine in my hobby shop. Just
have to find my round tuit. Up to my eyebrows in learning how to make
stuff out of PETG in a 3d printer ATM. Compared to PLA or PTU, tricky
stuff.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis