[Nut-upsuser] UPS recommendation for NUT and power-on-delay support

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Sep 12 16:42:10 BST 2020

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020, Bartosz wrote:

> Could you please recommend me a UPS with 100% support of the ondelay parameter and NUT compatibility?
> 850 or 1000 VA
> I have the EATON 5E850iUSBDIN UPS and it does not support this parameter so I would like to buy another UPS that for sure will support it.

The Eaton 5P 850G and the 5P 1000 have the option "Auto start delay":

  Load segments - Auto start delay [No Delay] [1 s] [2 s]…[65354 s]
  The connected load is powered after the specified delay.
  Defaults: Group 1: 3 s  Group 2: 6 s

Maybe it's the difference between the "E" equipment and the "P" stuff. See
https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/backup-power-ups-surge-it-power-distribution/backup-power-ups/eaton-5p-ups/eaton-5p-ups-installation-user-manual.pdf

The noise level is given as < 40 dBA so maybe it has a fan running permanently.
Eaton's Automatic Voltage Regulation can be noisy.

Roger