[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] CyberPower CP625HGa shuts down 3 watt load in 2 minutes

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Aug 17 20:54:12 BST 2021

On Tuesday 17 August 2021 12:29:24 Baker, Lawrence M wrote:

> Sorry, Gene, I completely misunderstood your point.
>
> Larry Baker
> US Geological Survey
> 650-329-5608
> baker at usgs.gov<mailto:baker at usgs.gov>

No problem Larry.

A bigger problem is that your e-mail agent is broken or miss-configured.
Something ate the space after the doubled-dash under the word Cheers, so
it echoed my whole sig. thats been an email standard for nearly 20
years, that nothing past a \r-- \r is to be included in a reply. And it
ate several other linefeeds, resulting in very long lines with run
together words in the rest of my message. Maybe its some elderly windows
thing that never learned about utf8 fonts? Yes, according to the headers
your path to the outside world is 100% microsoft, often with outlook in
the path. Outlook has been known to ignore many of the RFC's governing
email formats, and stripping linux/unix linefeeds is one of the more
nagging bits. There is a thunderbird emailer that runs on windows, you
might give it a try. Duck-duck-go it and read about it.

I don't use it myself as this is a linux only house. It does run on
linux, but I like kmail even better.

And I am not trying to be dictatorial, but I am trying to advise you that
its time to upgrade.

Take care now Larry, and thank you.

[...] <-- indicates the rest of the message has been elided.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis