[Nut-upsuser] Compiling on Solaris 8 sparc - configure errors

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 01:35:50 GMT 2022

One other thing I should come clean on.  When compiling 2.8.x - it always dies with an error in common.c about left == operand (UINTPTR_MAX) has no value.  This seems to be a 32/64 bit check.  I know I’m 32 bit, so I’ve been commenting out the below block as shown.  Hopefully this isn't biting me in some other place (it seemed to compile fine after this - and my binaries came out of the oven as 32-bit sparc.)

/* Know which bitness we were built for,
 * to adjust the search paths for get_libname() */
#include "nut_stdint.h"
/*#if UINTPTR_MAX == 0xffffffffffffffffULL
# define BUILD_64   1
#else
# ifdef BUILD_64
#  undef BUILD_64