[Nut-upsuser] NUT Client Not Working, Server OK

William Cole bga.cole at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:28:36 GMT 2022

Thank you very much for the advice.

My upsd.conf [located on the server] is set to listen as follows:

LISTEN 192.168.1.100 3493
LISTEN 192.168.1.101 3493
LISTEN 0.0.0.0 3493
LISTEN 127.0.0.1 3493

After making these changes I shut both the server and client down [sudo
shutdown now].
On restart I began getting messages to the effect that the server was not
available.  The messages appeared on both the server and client terminal
displays.

I commented out the 127.0.0.1 LISTEN line on the server's upsd.conf script
and then shutdown and restarted both server and client.
The "server not available" message did not appear, however in both
instances I am still getting the "connection refused" message on the client
[after running sudo service nut-client status].

I'm now casting about for my next move.  Clearly I've got something
configured wrong, but what I don't yet know.

--
Fredericksburg, VA