[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown ESXi and QNAP from NUT server on Raspberry PI

Mike Schaffner mcschaffner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:18:24 BST 2022

Hi All,

I have a Raspberry PI running NUT 2.8.0 talking to a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCDa, and all is working good there.

I have a standalone ESXI 7.3 server that has the NUT Client running on it and a QNAP 6-Bay NAS that is all running a NUT client.

When I pull power from the UPS I would like the ESXI server to shutdown when the batter reaches 50% capacity.   This is issue that I have not been able to get to work out yet.
The setting in the NUT client is how fast to shutdown ESXi when it gets the lower batter warning.    But when I get that warning, which the UPS shutdown immediately and I don’t have
time to shutdown ESXI and then also have the QNAP shutdown.   The QNAP only has a setting for it to shutdown after a certain number of minutes after loss of line power.

Any information on how to configure this so that ESXI shutdowns first and then the QNAP can shutdown afterwards would be great.

Thanks
Mike