[Nut-upsuser] UPS triphase or 3-phase : how to get values for L1, L2 , L3

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:29:05 BST 2022

I have seen explicit 3-phase "realpower", "power" and/or "load" values
support handled for some MGE/Eaton devices, with code developed after 2.7.4
release (not at a PC now to check further which driver types - snmp
probably, netxml and/or usb possibly... looking at
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/search?p=3&q=L2 searching for
current codebase state).

I thought most other drivers only deal with retrieval of voltage, but in
the search hits I see some others mapping "power" or "load" data as well.
Blazer drivers are not in that list however; possibly related support may
be in nutdrv_qx (voltronic at least), and in riello devices whose codebases
seem closely related.

Just in case, note you are with an 8-year-old NUT 2.7.2 release. You can
try building a newer one to get some current features and bug-fixes,
although phase-aware "load" support will not be part of that. However it
may be your first step in researching whether other drivers (and/or code
transplants e.g. from riello_usb.c to blazer_usb.c) would help with your
device. It may also happen that it just does not serve that data, or not in
a way we know where to ask (is that model's protocol known and public?)

Hope some of this helps,
Jim