[Nut-upsuser] something messed up ttyUSB*

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jun 1 18:45:56 BST 2022

On Wednesday, 1 June 2022 13:25:06 EDT Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 6/1/22 20:16, gene heskett wrote:
> > Charles;
> >
> > debian bullseye, all up to date.
> >
> > I was forced to reboot, x crashed.
> >
> > When I had rebooted, no ttyUSB stuff worked. I see a reference to
> > nut-
> > scanner in the doc but the link to its page is busted, typical of the
> > nut-doc pages and when I find it, it spits out this:
> > [nutdev1]
> >
> >          driver = "usbhid-ups"
> >          port = "auto"
> >          vendorid = "051D"
> >          productid = "0003"
> >          bus = "001"
> >
> > where do I put what to make it work again?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.

> /etc/ups/ups.conf

Done, nut-server restarted, log still spitting out:
Jun  1 13:33:11 coyote upsmon[802]: Poll UPS [myups at localhost] failed -
Driver not connected

at 5 second intervals. beeping at 5 minute intervals

This is a fresh install from the debian repos. So its a "from square one"
startup. I lost it all back in December 21 when 2 new 2T seagate drives
puked in the night about 1 week apart, so I'm building a bullseye system
from scratch. And I'm done with spinning rust, its all SSD's now
including a raid10 for /home. And its quicker than stink on a striped
kitty's tail. ;o)> But my memory for all this is fading from oldtimers at
87. I hope you are takeing care and staying well.