[Nut-upsuser] ISE review of I-D: deprecate command VER?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Mar 21 16:38:04 GMT 2022

Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> writes:

> Not really. Even 2.7.5 is still not out and 2.7.4 was released in sept
> 2021 ( according to https://github.com/networkupstools/nut ).

No, 2.7.4 was released in 2016.   It's just a github artifact; read the
"release notes".

>> 4. The I-D must also say which protocol version it documents, as
>> returned in response to command PROTVER (formerly NETVER).
>>
>> Will this stll be 1.2 in NUT 2.8.0, or will it move to 1.3?

If we are heading down the RFC path, I think it's totally unreasonable
to have a protocol change more than once in a while, and doing so needs
to be coordinated with all users of the protocol, and the RFC updated.
So I'd hope that whatever version is on the master branch is what's
being documented.    It could be that the protocol has changed and the
version number hasn't, but that seems unlikely.