[Nut-upsuser] UPS driver polling interval

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:15:39 GMT 2023

As the man pages say, `pollinterval` is about primarily `ups.status`.

Other values may be scanned as rarely as `pollfreq` in drivers that support
it (hopefully named consistently). Certain drivers or their options allow
for interrupt-based activity vs. "pollonly" mechanism, which has its
upsides (reactivity) and downsides (does not work for each and every OS/HW
combo).

The `snmp-ups` for example also supports "semi-static" values like location
which are updated, but very infrequently.

Jim