[Nut-upsuser] Powering off the big stuff first

Willcox David dwillcoxster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 20:12:48 BST 2023

Interesting. Something similar came up in late May. Look for "[Nut-upsuser] Synthesize low batt (LB) fron SNMP UPS which does not support this?” Is there an archive of this list? I an’t find it. I’d been trying to figure out how to do that itself, but then found some code in drivers/dstate.c that looked like it would work, but someone else replied that they’d tried it and it didn’t work.

But that was about getting the NUT server to synthesize LB to its clients before the actual UPS did.

If you’re running NUT as a client on your server, then yes, as others have noted, upssched on your server is probably the way to go.