[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 3s 550 and testing

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Mon Sep 4 10:12:05 BST 2023

Hi,

I have Eaton 3S 700 connected and configure using nut-2.8.0 under ArchLinux. OL, OB reporting works OK, but I am not able to enable battery testing. Variables ups.test.* are not reported by upsc:

[root at black ~]# upsc eaton at 192.168.20.2 |grep ups.*
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 360
ups.delay.start: 120
ups.firmware: 02
ups.load: 5
ups.mfr: EATON
ups.model: Eaton 3S 700
ups.power.nominal: 700
ups.productid: ffff
ups.realpower: 28
ups.serial: 000000000
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: -1
ups.vendorid: 0463

Recently I had to replace battery and when using official Eaton UPS Companion 2.1 under windows7, I see "battery testing" option and I can choose battery test period (every day, every week, etc).

Is there any way I can enable battery testing with nut for this model?

Thanks,
Łukasz