[Nut-upsuser] Most Informative UPS

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 07:52:44 BST 2023

Raymond Burkholder <ray at oneunified.net>

> Hello,
>
> I have an older APC Smart UPS 1500 (2011-11-03) which shows far more values then my Smart-UPS_1500 (2023/04/14) SMC1500C.  With UPSC, the first provides a ups.load, but the second does not provide up.load.  Even a Back-UPS XS 1300G shows more values.  Does the cloud for SMC1500C actually show informative information?
>
> Does anyone know of any 1500VA 120V UPS manufacturer make/models that are very informative with what they supply?  input/output voltage, input/output current, input/output watts, runtime, ....
>
> I havn't been able to figure out how to glean something useful from there various HCL tables.

your old  ups use ups-link protocol. SMC series only support microlink
protocol. newer series support microlink but also can enable modbus.
nut only supports ups-link protocol. apcupsd can support serial modbus
protocol and can co-work with nut apcupsd driver.
SMC is neither new nor old so it is a very sad ups for nut/apcupsd. it
can not even install legacy AP-9620 card.
you can check APC ups below:
https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA230533/