[Nut-upsuser] Experience with ABB Powerscale?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Fri Sep 22 08:55:59 BST 2023

Hi all,

we may get a ABB Powerscale 40kVA UPS soonish and I am not 100% sure
whether we could integrate it easily with nut.

It will come with SNMP, but reading the docs does not fill me with
confidence, especially not as the mention OS/2, Novell and VMS (google
translation of [1]) is
"
The UPS Management WaveMon software also provides its data in this SNMP
format with its own internal Software agents are available. The one you
have The operating system used must support the SNMP and supports. We
offer our WaveMon software with SNMP functionality for Novell, OS/2 and
all Windows systems based on INTEL, ALPHA, DEC VMS and Apple computers
are running.
"

It's not even clear to me, if the "SNMP-card" speaks SNMP natively or
one somehow needs this "WaveMon" software to translate propitiatory UPS
dat into SNMP.

Anyone on this list with some experience with this kind of UPS?

Cheers and thanks a lot in advance

Carsten
[1]  Die USV-Manage-
ment-Software WaveMon stellt ihre Daten auch in
diesem SNMP-Format mit ihrem eigenen internen
Software-Agenten zur Verfügung. Das von Ihnen
verwendete Betriebssystem muss das SNMP un-
terstützen. Wir bieten unsere WaveMon-Software
mit SNMP-Funktionalität für Novell, OS/2 und alle
Windows-Systeme an, die auf INTEL-, ALPHA-,
DEC VMS- sowie Apple-Rechnern laufen.

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185