[Nut-upsuser] Windows NUT Client - Settings description somewhere ?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:20:25 GMT 2024

I haven't used that package with Windows (haven't used that for a while) so
can't say directly. However I can't find, neither in sources nor in the
files stored in the MSI, the GUI program you've sent the screenshot from
and particularly the localization strings it uses. Are you sure it was not
a separate download?

Note that the existing MSI's are based on a branch spun off a NUT 2.6.5
release (newest variants are from 10 years ago). The NUT for Windows effort
was restarted in the recent couple of years to become part of the main
codebase, with current status outlined in
https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/wiki/NUT-for-Windows (some things
can be built and run, some known not-yet-ported, installer not re-addressed
yet, not sure if anyone ran the full stack with monitoring and shutdowns -
at least nobody reported back whether it works end-to-end, I think). It
seems there was little interest from developers on this platform (some more
from end-users), so I can't remember any PRs and very few investigative
tickets posted not by myself. Help is always welcome, as anywhere :)

Jim