[OpenPGP-applet-devel] OpenPGP-Applet

Clément Hermann nodens at nodens.org
Mon Oct 9 12:24:14 UTC 2017

Hi !

putting open-pgp-applet-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org in CC and
reply-to, since that's a better support channel than direct messages to
me ;)

On 09/10/2017 14:03, thudoox wrote:
> Dear Clement Hermann,
>

> I want to use OpenPGP-Applet, but after installation package, i didn't
> see tray
>
> icon in Gnome, application have launched without any output.
>
> In Tails project OpenPGP-Applet is working perfectly.
>
> What is it? It's bug?

It's not, I don't think. I use it myself on Debian Sid.

If you don't have any extension to put the applet icon in the
gnome-shell panel, it will go to the notification tray, on the bottom
left of the screen.

IIRC, Tails ships with TopIcons for putting it in gnome-shell panel:

There is a Debian package for Topicon-Plus that will achieve exactly
that, gnome-shell-extension-top-icons-plus.

Otherwise, you can install it from extensions.gnome.org.

That said, I just use it without, and use the pop-out panel in the
bottom-left of the screen.

Cheers,

--
Clément (nodens)