[Piuparts-devel] changelog for last three merges and something new

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Mon Nov 28 12:44:31 UTC 2011

Hi Holger,

changelog entries for the last three merges you did yesterday are in
branch "changelog". Bugs are tagged.

There are also two new branches:

* feature/get_known_packages

Andreas Beckmann (3):
      implement method get_known_packages()
      separately test for settings.args_are_package_files
      use get_known_packages() for upgrade tests

That is useful e.g. for .changes tests where new packages have been
added since the previous release. Currently piuparts would abort because
just one package is not available in the old distribution ...

* cleanup/pass-pkgnames-with-pkgfiles

Andreas Beckmann (1):
      pass the package names in addition to the files to
install_package_files

This is needed for several patches in my yet-to-be-published queue (e.g.
installing debs with apt-get install) and causes the patch dependencies
to be a DAG and not a tree which causes regular merge conflicts. Getting
this in would simplify things for later patches.

Andreas

PS: my piuparts-report run is now down from 2:00 h to 1:15 h (even if
the number of logs is growing and the grepping takes longer) and I also
run piuparts-analyze for all sections before detect_well_known_problems