[Piuparts-devel] EDOS file overwrite check between distributions?

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 14 16:32:23 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 03:05:37PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> The output contains false positives, e.g.
>   apache2-suexec/apache2-suexec-custom
> which are not co-installable dependency-wise.

thanks a lot for that feedback! Your message reveals a bug - not
in the debcheck tool, luckily - but in the way how we have encoded
co-installability problems.

A fixed script is attached.

If you are interested in what went wrong: In order to check whether
packages a and b are co-installable I created a pseudo-package

Package: query
Depends: a, b

and checked installability of the package "query". This does not work
correctly when a is both the name of a real package and a virtual package,
as it happenend in the case that you indicated. The solution consisted
simply in adding bogus version constraints:

Package: query
Depends: a (>=0) ,b (>=0)

since versionend dependencies can only be satisfied by real packages.

Cheers -Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes