[Piuparts-devel] repository restructuring

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Jun 22 23:05:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-23 00:21, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 22. Juni 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> I plan to go forward now and throw things around in the repository:
>>
>>   org/piuparts.debian.org/etc/scripts* ==> custom-scripts/
>>   org/piuparts.debian.org/htdocs/templates/mail/* ==> bug-templates/
>>   org/piuparts.debian.org/htdocs/* ==> htdocs/
>
> sounds good,, I'm slightly thinking over scripts* ==> custom-scripts but I
> think it's ok.
they are called custom scripts in the documentation ... and there is
actually a set of directories there, so it needs another category on top
of it and scripts/scripts/ sounds stupid

>> Here I have not good ideas:
>>
>>   org/piuparts.debian.org/etc/piuparts.conf.* ==> ???
>
> conf/piuparts.conf ?!
there is already conf/piuparts.conf.sample ...

>> What about instances/ ?
>> All the things that are only needed for a few piuparts instances being
>> run directly from git. Ususally $file.$hostname where an appropriate
>> symlink gets installed by the u-p-s script.
>
> ? -v please

I was thinking about distinguishing

  conf/ :: config files of general interest for the piuparts*.deb
           packages that get installed in /etc
and
  instances/ :: (or however you want to call it) which contains very
      specific config files from real instances (piatti, goldwasser,
      maybe adding mine in the future) which won't end up in the .debs (
      like .forward) or only in /usr/share/doc/*/bad/examples
      These config files are only used by update-piuparts-setup and
      make install-conf-4-running-from-git
      (and by the wildcard piuparts.conf.* I'd like not to get
       piuparts.conf.sample(

>> Thereafter only home/*/bin are remaining in the old structure - where do
>> we want to relocate them?
>
> slave/bin, master/bin ?

there is still one level of unneeded hierarchy ...