[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 22 10:48:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:26:00PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> I gave it a few tests ... and updated dose-distcheck at the same time:

yes, it is in sid now :-)

> * I needed to remove deb:// from the --bg= arguments

fixed in git. This was a work-around for a bug in the experimental version
of dose-distcheck.

> * can we get package1=version1_package2=version2 output for the
> intra-distribution-check, too?

done in git.

> * do we really need python3 for this?

well, initially my plan was to use python right from the start, but for
cross-conflicts I had to get back to python2 since I needed python-debian,
which doesn't support python3 yet. For that reason file-conflicts is now
back to python2, too. However as soon as python-debian migrates to python3
I will do the same for my scripts.

> * apt does not find a solution for partial upgrades/downgrades even if
> dose-debcheck said this is possible, I'll have a look at aptitude

this may happen, probably due to the build-in strategy of apt that tries
to upgrade packages to the latest version. Dose-debcheck does not use
such a strategy, and happily constructs solutions that involve old
versions of packages.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes