[Piuparts-devel] sort-issues-by-rdep prep - was 0.50/0.51 plans

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Apr 7 14:56:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 4. April 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I'd recommend reverting
>
> 45eccb50c328d68e579249cee93dcafcc8fcfaf9
>   detect_well_known_errors - Restore recheck and recheck-failed options.

humpf, it doesnt revert cleanly anymore.

> e0d138b59bddb70e712a1613c7fcd82a60323db5
>   Bump the required python version to 2.7.

this does, but I'm not sure I want to: piatti should very soon move to new
hosts running wheezy.

> because in the current state this seems to be broken if activated on
> piatti which still has python 2.6 as default (untested)

Also, as this is just in debian/control and piatti runs from sources, I dont
think it affects the setup on piatti?!

> a proper switch to python 2.7 should include getting rid of all the 2.6
> specific things ...

sure. this is just a start to indicate that we don't develop with running on
squeeze anymore, ie the debsum tests has also become rather broken on pure
squeeze setup. I do think wheezy is a reasonable requirement for current
versions of piuaparts.

> (should we prepare switching to argparse in piuparts.py, too?)

I'd say so, yes.

> the next probelm I see for activating on piatti is that PYTHONPATH
> issue, so there should probably a shell wrapper script around dwke.py
> (like piuparts-master.in)

/me nods
& cheers,