[Piuparts-devel] faster-rdep-calc/rdep-chain-len

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon Apr 15 09:50:59 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-14 14:47, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> * "packagesdb - Refactor out get_rdep_dict() from calc_rrdep_counts()."
>   since is get_rdep_dict() is an internal interface, it should be called
>   _get_rdep_dict() for consistency - or do you expect anything outside

thanks for fixing, but there is still a call for get_rdep_dict() left

> * "packagesdb.py - Use get_package() in get_rdep_dict() to resolve
> virtual pkgs."
>   that completely is borked - you probably want to use
>
>   for pkg in self.get_all_packages():

I see you fixed this by adding .items(), but this won't work either.
Anyway this very much looks like the function name is at least
misleading ... and returning the dict is exposing an implementation
detail. I'm going to fix this and return a list() in the future ... and
also add get_all_package_names() (returning a list() as well) (patch
queued for testing in my noon -report run)

> * "packagesdb - Add routine to calc rdep metrics by package as needed."
>   NACK until you insert a5348699 "lib/db: Package: rename count member

The way you changed this routine (using the old accessors first) looks
fine.