[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger and feature/allow-database

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Jun 1 15:31:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-01 15:52, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> cd $SECTION
>> ln -fv $(grep -rlE --include "*.log" "Setting up (postgresql|mysql-server)
>> " pass fail affected bugged) recycle/
>
> that seems to be one per section :)

But since postgresql and mysql-server do have reverse-Depends, this
should be more

in sid I get eactly 100 logs for that expression (but that would include
the sid packages of pre_install_database-server)

>> for p in $(sed -n '/;;/ s/).*//p'
>> /etc/piuparts/scripts/pre_install_database-server) ; do ln -fv
>> */${p}_*.log recycle/ 2>/dev/null ; done
>
> and this results in 126 logs per section.

but not all will exist in each section

> If I would recycle them now, but they wont be processed til midnight, wont
> those recyclings be deleted again?

They will stay in recycle/ until
* that package was actually recycled
* the package is obsolete because there is no matching logfile anywhere
else (except in archive/)
IIRC we had disabled expiration of logs marked for recycling ...
expiration would delete the *logfiles* (and not the *marker* in
recycle/, but that will be cleaned up in the next run if the logfile is
still missing)

So it's save to "mark" them for recycing anytime, although you could
just delete the relevant fail/ logs to see an effect (=test) sooner.