[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger - lets start work on 0.57

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Jan 21 12:44:13 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > ah, so mention#274229 in our debian/changelog too?   .
> that is not really helpful. just extended the log message a bit

you have a typo there, s#the change#that change# and I still like to see
#274229 mentioned somehow. (Probabky because I'm a bit unhappy about base-
passwd poluting /etc with files with a non-standard suffix... I wonder if
.dpkg-dist would be more appropriate...)

> Andreas Beckmann (3):
>       lib/db: load_alternate_versions_from_packages_urls(): new method
>       p-m,p-r: use load_alternate_versions_from_packages_urls()
>       p: ignore backup files from base-passwd
>
> the first two are fixup for Ivo's patch, master didn't break, but report
> just started to run with this change ... so untested whether it really
> works as intended :-)

wouldnt it be better to report the upgraded_from version for unupgradable
packages instead of None? I can see how this is an improvement, but is it
really the best solution?

Not merging right now, awaiting your reply.. :-)