[Piuparts-devel] problems with the new detect well known problems

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Jun 1 09:41:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

so detect_well_known_problems doesnt seem to work as it should.

First the minor problem:

piupartsm at pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$ detect_well_known_errors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piupartsm/bin/detect_well_known_errors", line 30, in <module>
    import piupartslib
ImportError: No module named piupartslib
piupartsm at pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$

Then, way worse:

piupartsm at pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$ cat sid/fail/stone_2.3.e-2+b1.kpr
fail/stone_2.3.e-2+b1.log unclassified_failures.conf
piupartsm at pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/master$ grep "not owned" sid/fail/stone_2.3.e-2+b1.log
  /root/.rnd     not owned

In plain english: why isn't sid/fail/stone_2.3.e-2+b1.log being correctly
detected as unowned_files_after_purge_error?

Third: looking at the code, I've seen that all those ISSUE=(0|1) definitions
in known_problems/*.conf have become obsolete and should be removed.
I just haven't done this as I dont want to interfere with already existing
branches/commits.

Dave, eg I see the dave/report_problem_integration branch but also some others
which have been merged already, could you please cleanup your branches and
more importantly maybe comment on the above questions.