[Piuparts-devel] how to whitelist/opt-out of piuparts tests wrt testing migration?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Aug 30 13:52:36 UTC 2017

Hi Adam,

thanks for reaching out to us here!

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:25:26PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> A package of mine, sse4.2-support (src:isa-support) is blocked from
> migrating to testing because of a piuparts failure.  Except, this failure
> is not only ok but proves the package does its job (on a machine with no
> SSE4.2).

I'm not convinced it's ok to fail in this case. One might want to prepare a
filesystem on a machine not captable for a captable machine…

Can you please file a bug so we can have a documented discussion on this?
(I don't care if you file this bug against isa-support, piuparts or
debian-policy, just please x-debbugs-cc: this list.)

> Thus, what should I do?
> * do you have a ${COLOR}list I can request to be placed on?

we have, see piuparts.git/custom-scripts/scripts/*_exceptions

> * if not, may I detect piuparts testing and ignore ISA inadequacy?

I dont think you should do that.