Subject: [PATCH 5/6] d/shlibs.local: map libtirpc to libtirpc3-udeb for udebs

From: Igor Krpanic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2026 17:12:12 +0200

libnvpair links against libtirpc, whose shlibs file has no udeb: line.
Without an override, libnvpair3-udeb ends up depending on the regular
libtirpc3t64 package, which the installer cannot install. With the
mapping, the udeb dependency chain is resolvable entirely within the
debian-installer archive (libtirpc3-udeb exists there). Only the udeb
case is overridden; deb builds keep using libtirpc's symbols file.

Signed-off-by: Igor Krpanic <[email-masked]>
---
 debian/shlibs.local | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 debian/shlibs.local

diff --git a/debian/shlibs.local b/debian/shlibs.local
new file mode 100644
index 00000000..7c2037a5
--- /dev/null
+++ b/debian/shlibs.local
@@ -0,0 +1,5 @@
+# libtirpc's shlibs file has no udeb line, so libnvpair3-udeb would
+# depend on the regular libtirpc3t64 deb, which the debian-installer
+# cannot install. Map only the udeb case; deb builds keep using the
+# symbols file of libtirpc as before.
+udeb: libtirpc 3 libtirpc3-udeb (>= 1.3.6+ds)
-- 
2.47.3