[Pki-clean-room-devel] Applying for Outreachy

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri Oct 14 11:08:22 UTC 2016

On 14/10/16 12:54, Pauline Pommeret wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Pauline Pommeret and I'm a 24 years old girl from France. I have
> a masters degree in bioinformatics and I have programming experience in
> Python, C, C++, Scala, Perl, R, Scilab and Java. I'm also very familiar with
> the GNU/Linux command line, and actually gave introductory tutorials to
> complete beginners on that subject several years in a row.
>
> I'd like to apply for the Debian internship called "Clean Room for PGP and
> X.509 (PKI) Key Management". I've been using Debian for 5 years now, and I
> also have given tutorials on how to use GPG in my former school's
> student-run ISP.
>
> Could you be kind enough to walk me through the next steps of the
> application and selection process? Do you have a list of small tasks I
> should be looking at to get a feel for the project?

The admins advertised the steps here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round13#What_to_do

For making a small contribution to the clean room project, please

a) try to build it with the script in the repository

b) tell me how you would add some menus at startup for choosing keyboard
layout and language, just like the Debian installer.  The answer doesn't
have to be complete, but if you can provide code that would be great.
If you can simply provide links to relevant resources you would use to
solve the problem it is also helpful.

Regards,

Daniel