[Popcon-developers] HTTP POST support for popcon

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:38:18 +0100

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 07:00:49PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello popcon developers,
>
> This is mostly complete now:
> 1) popcon.debian.org now support HTTP POST (to the test mailbox
> currently) (posted reports are mailed by the server internally).
>
> 2) A script using only perl-base is provided for uploading.
> It handle the http_proxy variable.

Hello Petter,

I have made some packages that report using both smtp and http POST
(to the test adress) here:
http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/popcon/debs

and I plan to ask debian-devel to try them.

For now, the downside is that since we report twice, we use around 33% more
bandwidth (the http report is sent gzip'ed so is only 1/3 of the smtp
one.)

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>