[Python-apps-team] Cython in testing

Yaroslav Halchenko yoh at debian.org
Mon Aug 26 15:25:35 UTC 2013

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013, Joe Healy wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko <yoh at debian.org> wrote:
> > to expedite I would prefer not to reupload new revision but just provide
> > a binary build for this existing one.  Thus will build on gabrielli and
> > upload.  Then it should get into testing quite fast
> Great - thanks very much for that.

build went just fine on gabrielli -- so I have just uploaded it

> > I will first check the effect of this new revision on wheezy -- I expect
> > quite a few packages to FTBFS in wheezy.. and then report so we could
> > decide

> I don't completely understand what you mean here - I take you to mean that
> backporting this release into wheezy may cause other packages to FTBFS. No
> need for reply if that is correct.

;)  well -- backports is pinned at 100 which is less than default 500
for main archive.  So unless someone explicitly requests new version one
way or another it should not even cause FTBFS.  But if someone does have
newer cython installed, it indeed might cause  FTBFS for some packages I
think.  I will run my test for that now.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org