[Python-modules-team] Update to matplotlib in Lenny

Kumar Appaiah a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in
Sun Sep 14 02:06:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 09:03:44PM -0500, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> (Please CC me as I am not on this list)
>
> Dear Python Modules maintainers,
>
> I presume a Lenny only upload of the backported #492735. I have tried
> to backport the fixes for the RC bug alone, and have backported the
> memory leak fixes, which are available here:
>
> <URL:http://newpeople.debian.org/~akumar/matplotlib/matplotlib_0.98.1-1+lenny1.dsc>
>
> and amd64 binary packages as well:
>
> <URL:http://newpeople.debian.org/~akumar/matplotlib/>
>
> I have not backported the documentation fix, and have not tested it. I
> would request the maintainers to please test it and consider uploading
> a Lenny only upload for the package to be in a good state with the
> Lenny release.
>
> Please let me know if I can be of further help.
>
> Thank you.

OK, so I forgot to write something decent in the Debian changelog, but
I guess you guys can include this if you want to adapt the fixes I
backported from upstream.

* debian/patches/shared_axes_leak.patch: Fix memory leak related to
  shared axes.
* debian/patches/ttconv_leak_fix.patch: memory leak fixes in _ttconv.cpp

HTH, thanks!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah