[Python-modules-team] feedparser patches

Carlos Galisteo cgalisteo at k-rolus.net
Fri Aug 20 07:50:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Thomas Raschbacher <lordvan at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Before I do that I wanted to ask why you have that many patches just in
> Debian and not get upstream to release a new version (I mean the last one is
> from 2007)? (Does the Maintainer not care/want to release?)

 As far as I know there are no 'stable' releases since 4.1 [1] (please
point me to them if I'm wrong), and upstream development has been
pretty dead for years. As I said in a previous mail to this list, It
seems there are new developers involved in the project, and there is
movement again in svn.

 A deep revision of this commits are needed, but unfortunately I don't
have enough time right now to check upstream in order to find what
commit closes what bug and what patches are unnecessary for this
release so any help would be appreciated.

 This doesn't mind I don't care the package, I want a new (and better)
version of feedparser in Debian, and I'll collaborate with the team
(or any other people).

Regards.

[1]http://code.google.com/p/feedparser/downloads/list

--
---
Carlos Galisteo <cgalisteo AT k-rolus.net>