No subject

Fri Jan 15 15:06:42 UTC 2010

failure is due to unaligned access by generatorrunner. For the other build
failures, I don't really have an idea, so I would really welcome any help to
solve these build failures.

==== PySide flavour for Debian Stable ? ====

The next Debian Stable (Squeeze) is meant to freeze in March (but probably
won't make it¹), so any major PySide release after that date is at risk for
Squeeze.

As I heard over IRC, the boost-based PySide is not meant to last, but will
be replaced by the shiboken-based.

The main questions for me, as Debian co-maintainer for PySide (along with
the python-modules packaging team), are:

  * Do you intend to support the boost-based PySide for Squeeze's lifetime
    (around 22 months + 1 year) ?
  * Which flavour of PySide would you like to see in Debian Stable ?
  * Will that flavour be supported/supportable for Squeeze's lifetime ?
  * When will it be in "releasable form" in your opinion ?

If the PySide project is not willing to support the boost-based PySide, I
will simply block its migration to Squeeze (which is in any case blocked by
the FTBFS) and work on packaging of the shiboken-based one (probably with
git snapshots as a start).

Best regards and thanks in advance for your answers !

OdyX, Debian co-maintainer of PySide and its build-depends

¹ http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/02/msg00002.html