[Python-modules-team] pyelemental package

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at debian.org
Thu Mar 14 23:51:47 UTC 2013

On 13 March 2013 12:06, Yann Pouillon <yann.pouillon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the pyelemental package as part of a personal system to
> generate input files for scientific calculations.
>
> I recently got a new computer at work and tried to install pyelemental
> but discovered that it has been deleted.
>
> What is exactly its status? Has it been merged into another package,
> ceased to be maintained as a package, or abandoned by its upstream
> author?

http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pyelemental.html

(generally packages.qa.debian.org/PACKAGENAME works)

Look at the news feed, it points to removal from testing with reason
not in unstable.
The one before that is removal from unstable.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pyelemental/news/20111219T094808Z.html

"
RoQA; orphaned, dead upstream
"

Note that this messages closes a bug report in debian BTS:

Which has the full history of the bug. I'm leaving this trail for you
to figure out your next step if you want to maintain it ;-)

> I've seamlessly rebuilt a package locally from the last available
> version. If it is appropriate, I could adopt the package and maintain
> it. In such case, since it is not present in the list of packages
> available for adoption, what would be the correct procedure to follow?
> File an ITP?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Yann Pouillon.

Regards,