[Python-modules-team] New upstream release for pyparsing

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue May 14 14:12:54 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 09:54 PM, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> Yes, that would be fine.  I'll start looking at version 2.0.0 and think
> about that one.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I miss-understood what was going on.

Version 1.5.7 dropped support for python3, and version 2.0.0 is the one
for python3, as you wrote. Now I got it, sorry that it took me some time
to understand.

So, indeed, we do need a new source package. My plan is to upload in
Experimental first, to have a smooth NEW queue thing without breaking
the reverse dependency of python3-pyparsing. When both will be approved,
we can upload both directly to sid.

Does that seem a reasonable plan? Do you want to work on it, or should I
do it? I need this done soon, so if you can't, I will do the work this
week. If you wish to do a peer review of the package, I'm very open to
that, team work is always nice. Let me know.

Thomas