[Python-modules-team] python-tz_2020.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Thu Apr 30 16:55:59 BST 2020

Alastair,
In addition to what Scott said, please do not drop python2 support if
there are still "valid" reverse dependencies:
http://sandrotosi.me/debian/py2removal/python-tz_2.svg python-numpy
still needs python-tz, so unless you want to make numpy un-buildable,
please keep python-tz around until we're ready to drop python-numpy
from the archive (which is going to take a bit more time)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 11:00 AM Scott Kitterman
<ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately I am going to have to reject your package.
>
> Despite the statement in debian/copyright:
>
> # Files-Excluded: pytz/zoneinfo/*
> # We don't ship these files as we use the system version from tzdata instead;
> # According to tzdata, these files are in the public domain
>
> Those files are, in fact, shipped in the package, presumably because the
> Files-Excluded stanza is commented out.  Since these files are not addressed
> in debian/copyright, the package can't be accepted (note: this is a regression
> from the current state of the package in the archive where those files are not
> present.
>
> Additionally,
>
> Debian/copyright is out of date.  LICENSE.txt says:
>
> Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
>
> Debian/copyright in this package has 2003-2009, the one in the archive has
> 2003-2018.
>
> Finally,
>
> The Vcs-* fields in debian/control are not appropriate for a DPMT package (and
> lintian warns of this).  There is an existing git repository for the package:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/python-tz
>
> This was fixed in 2019.3-2, which is in the archive.  Please use the current
> package in the archive as the basis for this upload.
>
> Scott K
>

> ===
>
> Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
> your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
> concerns.

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sandrotosi