[Raspbian-devel] NFS problems...

Mike Thompson mpthompson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 19:52:52 UTC 2012

Jim,

I suspect the rational for not enabling these services by default was
that only a minority of Raspberry Pi users would use nfs shares.
Therefore, on a memory constrained device such as the Pi, it's best to
leave the services disabled.

Alex Bradbury (asb in the forums) could probably provide the
definitive answer for this as he is the one who created the Raspbian
based image for the Raspberry Pi Foundation.

Mike