[Raspbian-devel] Building the Debian XBMC package on Raspbian

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:42:56 UTC 2012

On Lu, 10 sep 12, 09:59:42, Alex Bradbury wrote:
> On 10 September 2012 09:24, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Maintainer(s)
> >
> > I'm trying to build the Debian XBMC package with minimal changes on my
> > Raspberry Pi running Raspbian[1].
>
> Have you taken a look at
> <https://github.com/Diaoul/xbmc-rbp-packaging>?

I did now.

> My understanding is
> that this is the direction Diaoul started to work in, but I haven't
> personally tested the output of this packaging work.

My impression by comparing debian/rules and debian/control is that Diaul
is rather looking to create a new package (xbmc-rbp) optimized for the
Raspberry Pi, which is very interesting and I might be using his
package(s) as well.

However, I'm looking into making as few changes as possible to the
official Debian package, to hopefully get the changes accepted by the
Debian Maintainer, so that the next package will recompile on Raspbian
without changes, even if not perfectly optimized.

Kind regards,
Andrei