[Raspbian-devel] anyone want to take a look at chromium 22

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sun Nov 11 08:45:46 UTC 2012

> If I have been following development correctly, this version should
> include the v8 patch required for previous raspbian versions.
It seems this was indeed the case (at least every hunk in the patch
seems to fail to apply suggesting it's already applied.
> It might
> be enough to just change the gyp defines (armv7, arm_fpu, etc) for armhf
> in debian/rules, see my previous patch for chromium 21 from early
> september on this list.

Thanks, i've applied theese to a chromium 22 packaing.
> If the build fails due to very strange ("Invalid Argument") gold linking
> errors, that's a gold bug where a wrong error message is shown. The
> recently released binutils 2.23 should include a proper error message
> and might shed some light on the actual issue, but it's not in debian
> yet (maybe it's a problem with my qemu setup and not actually a problem
> when building on the build servers). For previous chromium packages, I
> simply removed the binutils-gold build-dep to make it work.

I tried building without binutils-gold on my IMX53 board but got a
"memory exhausted" (which I suspect really meant "address space
exhausted", I think the IMX53 board may be using a 2G/2G split). I'm now
trying it with binutils-gold on my IMX53 board.