[Raspbian-devel] Fwd: Interest in promoting F/OSS at a Charleston, SC 5k Racing Event, Requesting Rasbian Companies' Involvement

cscprogrammer cscprogrammer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 22:36:30 UTC 2014

Hello All,
Given the motivations for creating the Rasbian hardware and the ideals all
subscribers to this list are likely to have based on its nature, I am
contacting you with hope of supporting a similar aspiration.

In order to inspire the tech-community in Charleston, I hoped one of you
subscribed might be able to me reach an audience of companies interested in
spreading the word about their mission and inspiring FOSS awareness.

The goal I had in mind, as supported by the staff of the thriving
technology-business (NPO) commerce-driver (Chas. Digital Corridor), would
be during a 5k race event, race participants could enter into a
costumed-only race category supporting OSS products/companies, and the
category winner would receive admittance to OSS skills development courses.

For this 'STEM-related, free company-PR' cause to come to fruition, I was
hoping any of you might be able to help me solicit marketing schwag which
race participants could use to advertise for OSS companies that would be
represented via our OSS-advertising race outfits.

I look forward to supporting OSS and encouraging awareness alongside you
all.

Thank you for your support in this effort, and if you know of any companies
who'd like to be advertised in this way please don't hesitate to email me.