[Raspbian-devel] comedi in kernel

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Tue Feb 4 18:19:57 UTC 2014

Bernd Porr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> COMEDI is a measurement API and it would be actually good to see drivers
> written for a couple of RPI daughter cards. I've also made one and would
> write a driver for it:
> http://web.eng.gla.ac.uk/rpi/
>
> It would be great if you could enable "drivers/staging/comedi" in the
> kernel image.

First question, which kernel are you using? are you using a kernel from
the raspberry pi foundation or are you using one from the raspbian
project? we have no control over what the raspberry pi foundation put in
their kernels.
> I'm also the maintainer of the USBDUX data acquisition devices and have
> been using them with the raspberry PI. So far I've been providing the
> community with a re-compiled kernel with staging/comedi enabled which is
> obviously not ideal:
> http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/software2/rpi/
> and also pretty outdated now.
>
> Could you enable "drivers/staging/comedi" in the next kernel image:
>   Device Drivers  --->
>   [*] Staging drivers  --->
>   <M>   Data acquisition support (comedi)
>
> That would be grand.

Can you tell me the name of the option that one would need in a kernel
configuration file (e.g. CONFIG_<something>) to enable this?